What is in it for you?
Our Aion Java Kernel runs the network and is currently the core of what Aion offers. Since it's launch, the kernel team has been hard at work refining the various processes inside, we're looking to jump into a different gear. We're looking for individuals with previous Network Protocol design experience to help us create the next revision of the Aion P2P protocol. This is in conjunction with a team dedicated on the new Consensus Efforts, which presumably will run on messages relayed through this upgrade P2P protocol. If you're itching to create the next generation of protocols that build upon the state of the art (RLPx, Bittorrent), we're interested in you…
How you will contribute...
• Work with the virtual machine team to design/implement/test core functionality
• Design and prototype future virtual machine capabilities
• Research and discuss future blockchain initiatives with the team
• Collaborate with other AION teams to ensure alignment of software interfaces/behaviours and network-level consensus requirements
• Work with the Engineering team to develop core functionalities of AION's blockchain infrastructure
• Ensure alignment of application architecture with the business objectives of the team
• Manage all aspects of product supporting infrastructure technology: systems and services monitoring, systems management, end-to-end automation of storage, data center, network, and capacity management
• Engage with internal and external partners to identify emerging trends in decentralized technology, automation, operations and security and help align to business needs.
What we are looking for the roles ...
• Must have strong educational background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Must have 3+ years Java experience or 5+ years C++ experience (if new grad, must have willingness to learn)
• Highly desirable to have networking experience that includes but not limited to: sockets/p2p, multithread, key-value database
• Must have strong Linux orientation with focus on command and shell script
• Must have strong GitHub experience
• MS/OSX system development experience is desired but not a must
• Blockchain and open source experience is desired but not a must
Competencies we desire...
• Engineering / technical mindset (5/5)
• Extreme ownership (5/5)
• Leading with passion (5/5)
• Thinking big / Creativity & innovation (5/5)
Apply Link for Toronto - http://aion.humi.ca/job-board/IT/911
Applicants must be eligible to work for any Employer in Canada.
We thank all applicants and their interest in AION, however based on key specifications of the role, only selected applicants will be contacted.
Who we are …
At AION, we are looking for bright intelligent minds who will contribute in defining the future of Blockchain technology. The core Engineering team at AION is involved in R&D work. Being bold, taking risks and moving fast is in our DNA. Living on the cutting edge of technology, we come to work everyday with unbounded enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of what's possible with Blockchain technology. AION is multi-tier blockchain platform designed to address unsolved questions of scalability, privacy, and interoperability.
We started as a Nuco Networks in 2016 developing blockchain applications and in June 2017 started building Blockchain decentralized infrastructure – AION. We have successfully launched our Mainnet open source platform in April 2018. Our Team grew rapidly from 30 members in Feb 2018 to over 60 members globally in August 2018 Globally (Toronto, Barbados, Shanghai-China). Our team is comprised of extremely talented members with sharp minds, including Bachelor's, Master’s and PhD members.
We have an incredible story to tell... check us out
Introducing AION: https://aion.network/about/
Press re AION: https://aion.network/news/#interviews
Meet our Team: https://aion.network/team/
We are looking for pioneers to challenge today’s assumptions and create a new world of unimagined possibilities through blockchain technology.